Monday, January 21, 2019

I Think I Hear the Phone Ringing

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay, the telephone is ringing! Did you know there is actually someone waiting for your call right now? Our Heavenly Father is waiting for you to call out to Him!

King David made the call after making some mistakes. Though we strive to live a Godly life, occasionally our sinful nature wins. King David made some huge mistakes, but he realized he needed God’s assistance to help clean up the messes he made. As David wrote in a prayer in Psalm 4:1 “Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.” Replace wasting your time whining about how life is rough and instead call on your faithful friend God who is always waiting, eagerly wanting to help.

How does God respond to your call? Sometimes the help comes to you through a Bible verse, other times it’s by sending an old friend to chat with you. Or sometimes you will wait in silence until you hear His peaceful voice. God will never ignore your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment