Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Firm Foundation

Logically if you’re building a new house you would choose a secure foundation, not something sandy, so that once your new cottage is built it won’t get washed away due to floods. Your new casa should be built strong so no ocean waves can collapse it. 

This also applies to our walk with the Lord. If you know the Lord you should build yourself up with the Lord. Show that you’re in tune with Him, built on a rock versus the easily collapsing sand. Matthew 7:24-27 says, “Therefore, whosoever hearth these things of Mine and doeth them, I will liken him into a wise man who built his house on rock. And the rain descended and the floods came, and the winds came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that hearth these sayings of Mine and not doeth them shall be likened unto a foolish man who built his house upon the sand.” You want to be strongly built for the Lord, to live for Him, not building your house on sand just because everyone else is. With one tsunami your coffee cups and your book shelves are all drenched and gone. 

“Jesus You’re my firm foundation, I know I can stand secure
Jesus You’re my firm foundation, I put my hope in Your holy word
I put my hope in Your holy word
You’re my firm foundation
You’re the rock of my salvation
You’re my firm foundation.”
-Firm Foundation
By John Chisum

No comments:

Post a Comment