Friday, January 1, 2021

Start the New Year Off Right

 Wear your mask in public areas and be sure to wash your hands before touching doors. This was the motto of 2020. Catching the confusing plague known as COVID-19 is scary yet perhaps if we didn’t focus all of our attention on this crazy disease but rather see how this mayhem forces us to look to God. The Lord’s love is so adamant He is allowing these trouble times to come to produce patience and peace in Him. As it says in James 1:2-6 “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let that patience have it’s perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all freely and without reproach, and it will be given to him.“ This is a superb verse to assist you in 2021, to help you search for wisdom during these chaotic times. For the average day in the USA is taking a masked up adventure and that’s all right. America is currently facing struggles, yet remember what James 1:2 says to “count it all joy when you fall into various trials”. As the new year begins remind yourself that these storms come and go, but God will always be there for you. As the song says:


“I lift my eyes unto the hills.

Where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord

The maker of Heaven and Earth.


And I’ll praise you in this storm

And I will lift my hands

For you are who you are

No matter where I am.


And every tear I’ve cried

You hold in your hand

You never left my side

And though my heart is torn

I will praise you in this storm

Though my heart is torn

I will praise you in this storm.”

Praise You in This Storm by Casting Crowns 

No comments:

Post a Comment