Saturday, October 1, 2022

Spiritual Awakening

Whether rich poor young old, we all can relate in needing transformation. Such as Saul, who had an extremely hard heart, who eventually had an awakening and transformed to Paul. 

The dedicated believer Paul was speaking about himself before he trusted in Christ in Acts 22:4. He wrote, “and I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering them into prison both men and women.”  In his former life he was completely anti Christian, fighting against them and putting them to death. Before becoming one of the greatest saints in the Bible, Saul had to be completely transformed to Paul. 

We all have the opportunity to be transformed from our old ways to new, no matter your past sins. Paul is a beautiful example of how God can awaken us. Despite his old ways, Paul became a man who God used to write many spectacular books in the Bible and to reach out to the gentiles. “Of this gospel I was made minister according to the gift of God’s grace, which was given to me by the working of His power. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.” Ephesians 3:7-9 Isn’t it nice to know that God can use you, in spite of your sins?

So how can you go from being a Saul to a Paul? Turn away from your old sinful ways and believe in Christ. Sin will still be a struggle, but with Jesus as your guide, He will open your eyes and illuminate the correct path. Read the Bible, find a church, fellowship with other Christians, and pray. Stay strong, and don’t fall back to your old ways. As Paul wrote, “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

 

No comments:

Post a Comment